Saturday, June 28, 2014

Dollar General/Family Dollar -MU Spider-Man

Thanks for stopping by everyone and welcome to 5 Points And Proud! This blog will only cover action figures with 5 points of articulation or less so no super pose able Marvel Universe figures, no G.I. Joe's (unless they fall under the 5 points category) and definitely no modern day Transformers. 
I'll start this off with one of my favorite action figures in my collection, and It only has 5 points of articulation! I love this Spider-Man figure for many reasons. What better way to list them then with  bullet "points"!
  • It's Spider-Man
  • The paint apps really pop
  • $Very cheap$
  •  Sturdy plastic
  • Reminds me of the 80's Secret Wars line of figures
 

                                                                      

13 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. He is John. I just hope they release more Marvel figures like this but in their classic unis.

      Delete
  2. Great little figure and one that you can feel safe giving to a child. I'm fond of 5 POA so long as they are in a static pose and not a fixed one that can make it difficult for them to stand.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's hat I love most about these figures, they stand with no problems. Set it and forget it ;)

      Delete
  3. oh yeah- saw him at Big Lots, say... are these not ever so slightly larger than a Marvel Univ?

    ReplyDelete
  4. They stand a bit shorter than SW figs but not that much. They actually blend in nicely with them. These lesser articulated Marvel figs are also sized according to character. For instance the Avengers line of lesser articulated figures are all different sizes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sorry you said Marvel Universe lol! No they are about the same size.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty sure they only did 3 figs in this line with Cap and Hulk.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Dex thanks for stopping by! I know they did a Wolverine and Hulk figure. Didn't know they did a Cap!

      Delete
    2. I *think* the 3rd was Cap, but could be wrong. I know Spidey and Hulk for sure. I heard about them on the Marvelicious Toys podcast a few months ago.

      Delete
    3. Nice!Yeah I have the Wolvie and Hulk figs but I'd love for more to come out!They're really fun toys.

      Delete
  7. I definitely need to pick up these guys. Sadly my DG didn't have any. Hopefully they'll be in Family Dollar.

    ReplyDelete
  8. They're awesome Chris! Especially when displayed together with the Avengers Assemble line of discount figures.

    ReplyDelete